Look Back on 2014
- What are you most proud of this year? Refining my pastoral call, developing certain skills, I think just maturing as an individual. I got myself set up a little better with a mentor and intentionally spending time with friends which has helped a lot.
- What was the biggest risk you took? Saying no to a new opportunity to stay where I'm planted now.
- What did you learn this year? That God calls you away as much as He calls you towards. That the only person I can control is myself. To balance being comfortable in my own skin with allowing others to help smooth out some rough edges. That sleep is incredibly important and I suffer without it. And that I thrive on expectation of the next big event (and suffer big time if there is nothing on the horizon).
- What did you wish you had more time for? Everyone has the same amount of time. I definitely wasted a lot of mine. I wish I re-prioritized and gave more time to reading, walking, praying.
- Name 3 highlights this year: World Vision Trip to Laos, Hanson in Jamaica, preaching on Christmas Eve (Eve) for the first time.
Look Forward to 2015
- What "word" do you want to define 2015? Balance.
- Name 3 big goals for 2015: establish a healthy morning routine, blog monthly, intentionally pray with someone once a week.
- What do you want to stop doing in 2015? Staying up past midnight!
- What things excite you about the upcoming year? Hanson in Mexico, Disney World, various concerts/trips, how my call may shift/evolve, what I'll learn, and the relationships that I'll either create or deepen.
- What do you want to learn in 2015? How to show emotion well.